27 June 2015

NE Review | The Post Box - Ponteland


After seeing a blog post by Cloud in a Teacup last week I decided this would be a great place to try while I was in the area visiting Northumberlandia last Saturday.

It was a short drive to Ponteland from Cramlington where we found the cafe 'Post Box' in the centre of the village surrounded by banks (I have never seen so many banks in such a small area). As a newbie to the area I wasnt sure where to park so we ended up parking behind the HSBC bank/ Post Box as we knew we wouldn't be too long.

This cafe definitely has curb appeal; beautifully white with a flash of red from the tables and chairs not forgetting the Post Box sitting outside. If this was my cafe I would be so proud, its lovely with a great busy atmosphere (they even sell wine! eeek - if only I lived closer).

Image by Post Box Ponteland 

It was really busy in the cafe on Saturday lunchtime so I didn't get to sit at the window (next time), instead we sat near the counter which was still lovely and you could sit and admire the cakes.

Too rainy to sit outside :-(
After our long walk round Northumberlandia Miss SG and I ordered flat white coffees which was perfect with a yummy star shaped homemade shortbread on the side (what a lovely touch!). 


The lunch menu isn't huge but there is something for everyone. I had a hard time choosing between the Feta tart from the specials board and the Post Box Rarebit...

*Breakfast menu looked amazing so I will be back to try that - ASAP!

I decided on the Post Box Rarebit! SOOOOO nice! Salad came as standard and was really light and tasty. I probably shouldn't have eaten both slices of the bread but I did... oops.


Miss SG had the Post Box Hash who reviewed it as 'super yummy but I left a few pieces of the chorizo as it was very filling'.


After sitting so close to the cake counter we must have discussed trying each one available... we couldn't fit in a slice each so we decided to share the Carrot Cake with another fabulous coffee. As you might know I LOVE Starbucks but I would happily give it up if this cafe was my local.


I can highly recommend visiting this cafe in the heart of Ponteland Breakfast, lunch or even dinner on Fridays & Saturdays!

Thank you for Shivaneeee for bringing this treasure to my attention.

Love Miss K xx
Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest WantFeed @Misskeveryday
New Posts? Come back Monday & Saturday!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

2 comments

  1. This is a recent addition to my (ever growing) list and I can't wait to try it, it just looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must go.. not far from Newcastle so maybe somewhere to go during the week?

    ReplyDelete

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig