16 August 2015

Fashion | Inside my holiday wardrobe


Yes I always over pack for holidays... I can't help it I need options! Lucky for me I was able to max out my 22kg allowance (I was only away 1 week) and I still had to sneak a pair of wedges into Mr P's suitcase. 

When I was trying to pack for this holiday it was scary to see how much I have in my wardrobe to choose from, but as I knew this holiday was going to be a bit more casual as we would be spending our evenings in the resort compared to going out to eat and drink.

I decided I wanted outfit options for breakfast, when poolside, day trips and evenings so I tried to plan this when I was packing. 

It is important to be comfortable when on holiday, so here is a few Miss K top tips:-
1) Pack items you know you are going to enjoy wearing
2) If you are going somewhere hot heavy fabrics are not ideal 
3) Fabrics that crease easily in your luggage are never going to get an outing if there is no iron to use when you get there - you will know which ones these are in your wardrobe 
4) Try to mix and match with other items you are packing so you can get multiple wears out for them - I don't mind wearing the same thing twice, I just try to wear it slightly different by wearing my hair in a different way or pairing it with different necklaces and sandals.


You have probably seen me wear this ASOS dress 1 million times via Instagram but i love wearing it and it doesn't matter how many times I wash it, it never loses it's shape and the material is still perfect condition. Wish they had done it again this year :-( I ironed the dress before I went and hung it up when I arrived at the hotel.

I wore it with my Primark black circle sunglasses £3 with my Whistles Green Clutch and Tesco sandals.

Sorry, I know people hate feet.. but my sandals are pretty  
To accessorize I added some gold tattoos to my hands, but I was so disappointed that they only lasted for 10 minutes. I took these pics, then by the time I sat down at the table for the evening meal, they had vanished. 

It was hot but I didn't go anywhere near water so not sure what happened, I was thinking did I dream that I was wearing them so I checked my camera roll. I was right, they just rubbed off and vanished. Lessons learnt - I will just have to keep them for sunny days in the UK.



Next outfit is my bright orange dress, you probably saw this pic in my previous post about mirror sunglasses but I couldn't do a post about my favourite holiday outfits without including this dress.

I got it from very last summer,  bright colours look lovely in the sun and I try to wear little amounts black. I wore black clothing for so long when I was larger and trying to hide that I try to wear colours all the time now.


The last outfit to tell you about is the only new outfit I bought for holiday.

My beautiful necklace was £14.99 from H&M, I first noticed it in the store because it had a green ribbon tie but then I took a closer look at the shards and beads will go with so many different tops and dresses throughout summer and autumn.

It was a little sharp to wear at first, but it was fine after a while when I got used to it. 


With the necklace I wore my favourite cream soft touch vest from M&S, I have a few of these in black, cream & white. 

These vests are a must have for day or evening they also do them in other colours and are only £5 each (You will find them in the lingerie section). I don't buy my vests from anywhere else now.

I wore the cream vest with a Gok Wan skirt (from Sainsburys) that I have had my eye on for a while so when it went in the sale for £8 before I went away I thought why not! You cannot see it clearly here but it is black with black polka dots which are lifted up on the fabric. 


Close up of skirt and my new sandals

I didn't take photos of anymore evening outfits but I do like to take pictures of my sandals. They rarely make photos so I always like to take a picture of my feet.




No more holidays booked at the moment, but I am trying to decide if I can afford to go back to Dubai for some winter sun. I will keep you posted.

Love Miss K xx
Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest WantFeed @Misskeveryday
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss K everyday | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig